November 28, 2016 at 11:05 am #605AmberVineKeymaster
General Party Info
Date: Dec 17 Saturday
Time: 7pm eastern (I make them this early so that it is more convenient for our EU people)
Costume Brawl – Stock up on your Christmas tonics and lets have some fun in the guild hall doing costume brawls – Reindeer, Snowmen, or any other holiday tonic.
Gift Exchange– Ooos and awws and thank yous
Protect the Noob – New thing to try out may not work but hey it sounds fun. Basically 2 people will make a “new toon” it’ll be like level 2, one for each team (we will divide party guests into 2 teams) The parties are to protect their “Noob” through a higher level map in a race to the finish. *See rules below
WvW Run – will be much later than normal due to the festivities before hand, in addition it may be much shorter than normal due to prior activities. Everyone is encouraged to wear red and green armor in the spirit of the holiday and run with holiday minis.
This year we will forego the Secret santa and instead just draw names of the person you will be gifting or receiving gifts from. Secret santa is just to cumbersome and time consuming for all involved in the implementation of it. So this year we will do instead a draw names sort of thing, this is how it will work:
- Sign up for gift exchange if you’d like to participate. Sign name here Gift Exchange Sign-up
- Once sign-up is closed I will place all the names into a random generator (online) and it will match people up with “their” person. http://www.boogspace.com/secret-santa-generator.asp
- I will notify everyone on whom they are buying for.
- You must keep the gift(s) 10 gold or under total amount spent. You can purchase more than one gift for your person but the total amount spent on all gifts combined can not be more than 10 gold.
- We will all send our presents to our person at the Christmas Party on Dec 17th. Party starts at 7pm eastern.
- You do NOT reveal who you are buying for. Keep it to yourself who you are buying for.
- You are ALL encouraged to drop hints about what you want as a gift never knowing if your gift giver is listening or not
Protect the Noob
2 teams – from all the party guests in attendance
1 Noob per team – both will be Norns due to the chosen map (making it easier for Noob to get to the map for the race) (Need 2 volunteers for this)
2 moderators – 1 Per team their job is to follow the group and make sure their Noob gets the checkpoints and the team is following the rules (need 2 volunteers for this)
Map: Snowden Drifts Level 15-25 ( I deliberately choose a lower map as this is the first time doing this event and I’m unsure how well it will go)
Check point list will be distributed the night of the party.
The teams protect their Noob through a map run in a race to the finish line. Anyone who has stumbled into a higher level area on a lower level toon knows this is incredible hard in GW2 as lower levels in higher level areas create a bigger aggro circle and mobs focus them.
- You can’t use waypoints (only to get back to a certain area if Noob dies and ONLY if said Noob has the waypoint) – Also no mesmer portals, no stealth skills, no port to friends, no booster
- Check points along the way are needed to move on
- If your Noob dies you must start over at the last checkpoint
- Must STAY with your Noob if you stray too far from your Noob then the Noob must stop and sit down until stray member returns to them
- First team to finishing point wins (I’m giving prizes to first team but don’t know yet what that will be)
- All players do the run naked
December 16, 2016 at 7:05 pm #627
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.